Apple has given us so many features in our iPhone that we can possibly think of. But how many of the features do we actually use in our day- to- day life? In this article you will learn about one such feature i.e., Sleep Timer. The Clock app in iOS contains a sneaky function that allows you to go to bed at night with audio playing on your iPhone, and it will automatically stop playing at a defined period – ideally, after you’ve fallen asleep. Isn’t this feature amazing?
It’s especially useful if you don’t want your iPhone to play an audiobook, playlist, or podcast series when you’re not awake to appreciate it. It can also help you conserve your battery as well as your data allotment if you’re streaming music or radio through cellular.
You may set the sleep timer to run for whatever long you like, and at the conclusion of the cycle, your phone will stop playing music, video, or whatever media is currently playing, turn off the screen, and lock the device. If you want to fall asleep to late-night entertainment, you can trust that your phone will shut off and save battery life.
- Go to Control Center on your iPhone by swiping up from the bottom of the screen. OR Go to Clock app and at the bottom right you will find the Timer option.
- Select the Timer option.
- Choose a time for your audio to play by using the dials.
- Tap when the timer expires.
- Scroll all the way to the bottom and click Stop Playing.
- Set may be found at the top-right area of the screen.
- To begin your timer, use the Start button.
- You may now put your iPhone into bed and turn off the screen. If the countdown runs out and you haven’t yet gone asleep, simply keep listening to whatever audio was playing and restart the timer.
That’s it folks! We hope you learnt a new feature. There are many other features which can be useful for you. Check our other posts to look up for amazing new features and how to access them.
Until next time, with another topic. Till then, Toodles.