When a 33-year-old woman went missing in South London, everyone started talking about the iPhone’s SOS emergency system. When there is no one around you, your iPhone will always be there with you everywhere. But you should know how to use emergency SOS on iOS devices.
iPhone’s Emergency SOS feature is designed to send your last known location to the trusted or close person you have set in case you are not able to talk on the phone. If you haven’t set up emergency SOS on your iPhone, then here we will tell you how to do it.
How To Use Emergency SOS iPhone
Before you head over to using iOS’ Emergency SOS feature, you need to turn this feature ON. Let’s check out the steps:
- Open the Health app, and tap your profile picture.
- Tap Medical ID.
- Tap the add button to add an emergency contact.
- Tap a contact, then add their relationship.
- Tap Done to save your changes.
On iPhone 8 or later:
- Press and hold down the side button and volume button at the same time until the Emergency SOS slider show on your screen.
- After that, slide the Emergency SOS button to call emergency services or continue to hold down the side and volume buttons until an alert sounds off and a countdown starts.
- If you continue to hold the two buttons throughout the countdown, your phone will automatically contact emergency services.
For an iPhone 7 or earlier:
You have to press the side or top button five times and drag the Emergency SOS slider to call emergency services.
When the call finish, your iPhone will automatically contact your emergency contacts and text them your location. If the location is turned off, your device will turn it, and the contact person will receive your alert. And then, you will also get the notification after ten minutes.
This is how this emergency SOS system works in Apple’s ecosystem. Mostly, this feature is designed for woman’s safety. If you have already used this feature, please share your experience with us through the comment section.