In an ideal world, we are all focused on finding lucrative ways to budget and make the most of the money we have. So, if you just bought an iPhone and found that the device is locked with AT&T connectivity, you are going to be in quite a bit of trouble.
The main reason why locked iPhones, especially with AT&T aren’t beneficial is that you are locked with the network provider and will likely have to pay a higher monthly rate for the plans.
There could be multiple reasons why your iPhone is locked with AT&T. One of the most common reasons is when you buy a second-hand iPhone or when you buy an iPhone through the carrier. In such cases, you can’t start with one network and switch to the other.
Is it possible for AT&T to Unlock iPhone?
When you find that your iPhone is locked by AT&T, the most common question that people have is asking whether AT&T can unlock the iPhone.
The short answer is yes. However, there are certain limitations to it. Firstly, if you have bought your iPhone from AT&T carrier, be assured that you’d need to pay the entire amount of the phone in full for you to be able to unlock the iPhone.
Once the amount is paid, the approval request shouldn’t take any more than a few minutes and then you are good to go.
How will I know if my AT&T iPhone is Unlocked?
Since there are certain stipulations to unlocking your AT&T iPhone, we’d recommend that the first thing you do is clear the dues for the iPhone.
Once you sort that out, there’s nothing else stopping you from availing the other networks and carriers in your iPhone.
If you have done so and you are confused about whether or not your iPhone is unlocked, there are certain simple ways to do that. Here’s what you need to do:
- Open iPhone Settings
- Go to Cellular
If you notice the cellular data option available on your iPhone, it indicates that your iPhone is unlocked from AT&T.
How to Unlock AT&T iPhone from AT&T Unlock Portal?
We understand that not every user wants to use third-party websites. Hence, the easiest and most reliable way to unlock your AT&T iPhone is via their official unlock portal.
AT&T has a system under which you can receive a code to unlock your iPhone without any complications at all. However, there are some stipulations you have to keep in check.
Some of the requirements are:
- The iPhone should be AT&T locked
- The iPhone shouldn’t be reported as lost or stolen
- The iPhone shouldn’t be part of any kind of fraudulent practices
- The payment plans should be cleared and up to date
- If you have recently updated the iPhone, there is a 14-days buyer’s remorse period every user has to follow through
Once you qualify for all these above-mentioned factors, the next thing you need to do is follow the steps we have lined up for you:
- Open your web browser and type https://att.com/deviceunlock in the search bar
- Read and agree to the terms and conditions that are mentioned
- Under that, you’d have to fill out the request form and then forward it over
- You will receive a confirmation email along with a request code for unlocking the iPhone
- You will need to click on the email within 24 hours of receiving it.
- Once done, AT&T will revert within 2 days of receiving the unlock request.
Once the request is accepted and processed, you’d have to wait for a few minutes and your locked iPhone will be unlocked for use with other carriers. Keep in mind that if you haven’t paid off the outstanding amount of the iPhone you purchased, there’s no way for you to get out of the AT&T lock issue.