When I left home to reach the office earlier, sometimes I forget my office key. So that was the reason I bought the AirTags to keep track of my important items. But the real charm was added when Apple introduced the new “Notify When Left Behind” option with iOS 15.
This new Notify When Left Behind function added as Find My separation alerts. Once you enable this option, your iPhone or Apple Watch will notify you whenever you left some Airtag connected item at any place. This feature will be very fruitful for those who often travel a lot with Apple devices. Don’t worry; it won’t annoy you at your home as you can set your home address to while activating Notify When Left Behind option.
If you are not familiar with the process to use Notify When Left Behind on iPhone, then here we will show you how to activate it.
How To Get Alert When You Leave An AirTag or Apple Device Behind
Note: This feature is currently available on the iOS 15 beta version. The final version may have different steps.
- Open Find My app on your iPhone.
- Choose Devices or Items option at the bottom of the screen.
- Now select the device you want to set an alert to.
- Tap on the “Notify When Left Behind” option.
- Turn toggle ON to enable this option.
- Tap on New Location under Notify Me to set the Trusted Location where you don’t want to receive a notification.
- Now add the location address. You can also define the radius of the ringed geofence for your trusted location by dragging the blue dot or using the Small, Medium, or Large options at the bottom.
- Tap Done after adding a trusted location. You can add more trusted locations.
Once you go through the above steps and leave any AirTag or Apple device behind in a public place, you will get the message with a location that you have forgotten the item.
While checking the feedback of this feature, we noticed that many users are also asked if it is possible to get notification on Apple Watch when come leave iPhone behind. Unfortunately, the feature is not available yet, but we can expect it in further updates.
After using the feature on your device, don’t forget to share your feedback with us in the comment section. You can also ask for more help regarding using the new Notify When Left Behind feature on iOS 15.