Home » How to turn off Optimized Battery Charging iPhone?
How To Tech News

How to turn off Optimized Battery Charging iPhone?

turn off optimized battery charging iphone

Long gone are the days when our smartphones’ charging system included a simple plugging in and plugging out. With the kind of advancements we are witnessing in the field of technology, it isn’t surprising that the way people charge their smartphones, especially iPhones are changing too.

The integration of smart features in the iPhones is optimizing the way the devices are charging. Not only does it improve the standard battery life of the device, but these features are also protecting the battery’s health to ensure it lasts a lot longer than you’d anticipate.

This article will explore more about the Optimized Battery Charging feature on iPhone and how you can disable it.

What is Optimized Battery Charging?

Before we walk you through the steps to disable the Optimized Battery Charging feature on iPhone, we first need to understand what the feature entails.

This is a charging feature introduced by Apple that helps in maximizing the battery life of the device you are using. It is also pivotal in improving battery life.

With Optimized Battery Charging enabled on your iPhone, the feature leverages the power of machine learning to understand and take notes of usage habits to ensure optimal battery efficiency without leading to extended charging habits.

The feature acquires your daily charging routine, so if you charge your device at the same time and same place every day, the device monitors those habits and fast charges up to 80% and then slows down the charging pace for the remaining 20%.

Enabling the Optimized Battery Charging feature in your iPhone enables users to make the most out of the device’s battery health, concerning the chemical age of the battery.

Will my iPhone Malfunction if I Turn off Optimized Battery Charging?

One thing you need to understand about the Optimized Battery Charging feature is that it relies on habits and repetitions. So, if you aren’t normally charging your iPhone during the same hour and through the same charging outlet, this feature won’t function as you would.

So, in a way, Optimized Battery Charging is an add-on feature and not a mandatory feature that you have to enable for the functioning of your iPhone.

Disabling this feature is ideal if you don’t have a set schedule or habit when it comes to charging your iPhone.

How to Turn off Optimized Battery Charging?

With the basic information out of the way, let us walk you through the steps to disable Optimized Battery Charging in your iPhone:

  1. Open your iPhone Settings.
  2. Navigate to Battery and then select Battery Health from the list of options.
  3. Scroll down until you find Optimized Battery Charging. The toggle should be green if the feature is enabled.
  4. Turn off the toggle to disable this feature. You can either click on “Turn off Until Tomorrow” or “Turn off”.

That’s all you need to do to disable the Optimized Battery Feature on your iPhone. Remember that if you travel a lot, it is better to keep the feature turned off.

About the author



She started her career as a journalist and ended up being a good content writer at consideringapple.com. Since she has journalism quality, she loves to be in trend by collecting and writing on the latest iPhone, iPad, Mac, or other Apple product related stuff on the website. She has little birds everywhere.

Add Comment

Click here to post a comment

You cannot copy content of this page