Moving on from a breakup or from one device to another is not easy for everyone. When we talk about transferring data from one iPhone to another, it is still challenging for iOS users. Even when I purchased the new iPhone 12, it was not easy for me to get data from my old iPhone. As a business person, I would not sacrifice my files. Hence, I researched and found the best ways to transfer data from the old iPhone to the new one.
In this method, we will share three different methods to transfer all data from old to new iPhone. Among the three methods, you can choose the one as per your choice. If you are ready to buy the new iPhone 13 this year or already bought the new iPhone, this article will help you move data from your older iPhone. Without further ado, let’s get to the steps!
Easy-Peasy Methods To Transfer Data From One iPhone To Another
Method #1: Transfer Data From One iPhone to Another Via iCloud
- First of all, connect your old iPhone to Wi-Fi.
- Open Settings App > iCloud > iCloud Backup.
- Tap on Back Up Now and wait to get it done.
- Once the Backup is done, turn on your new iPhone.
- Choose your country and language.
- Go with onscreen information to connect to Wi-Fi, set up Touch or Face ID, and create a passcode.
- When you reach at the Apps & Data screen, tap the Restore From iCloud Backup option.
- Sign in with your Apple ID and then choose Backup you have just made on your old iPhone.
- Wait for data to transfer from your old to your new iPhone.
- Now complete the onscreen process and get it done.
Method #2: Move Data From Old iPhone To New Using Quick Start
Note: Make sure that your older iPhone is running iOS 11 or a later version.
- Put your old and new iPhone close to each other and turn on Bluetooth on the old iPhone.
- Turn on your new iPhone.
- Now your old iPhone will show you the Quick Start screen to set up a new device. Tap to Continue.
- After, hold your old device over the new one to scan the image.
- Keep both devices closer and wait till the data and settings transfer between devices.
- Once it is prompted, enter the passcode from your old iPhone on your new one and Apple ID.
- Complete with Touch ID or Face ID process on the new iPhone.
- Choose iCloud Backup if you have Backup on iCloud from an old iPhone and then restore.
- Now every setting from the old iPhone will be transferred to the new iPhone. You can also change location, Apple Pay, Siri, etc and more in the Settings app.
- All your data, including contacts, photos, settings, and other data, migrated to your new iPhone.
Method #3: Transfer Data From old iPhone to new iPhone via iTunes
Note: Make sure that you have the latest iTunes version on your PC.
- Launch the iTunes app on your PC.
- Connect your old iPhone to PC.
- Next, tap on iPhone on the top toolbar.
- You can also click Encrypt Backup to transfer Health and Activity.
- Create a password for Backup and click on Back Up Now.
- Now discount your old iPhone and turn on the new iPhone.
- Follow onscreen steps until you reach Apps & Data and then tap Restore From iTunes Backup.
- Now connect your new iPhone to the PC and click Restore Backup.
- Choose the most recent Backup. If your Backup is encrypted, then enter the password.
- Keep your iPhone connected to iTunes and Wi-Fi until the transfer is done.
- Once it is done, finish other setups on your iPhone.
Have you found this article helpful? I hope it helped you to move all your data from the old iPhone to the new iPhone. It will also help you if you are planning to sell your iPhone. Need more tips for migrating your data? Drop a comment below.