As we talked earlier about the iOS 15 FaceTime screen share features, finally, Apple updated the FaceTime app for iPhone users with the new iOS 15.1 and added SharePlay feature.
Just like your computer, now you can also share your iPhone screen with your friend and family members without using any third-party app. The features called “SharePlay” allow users to co-watch some videos, TV shows or share any important things with real-time connection via FaceTime.
Imagine watching the final T20 World Cup final match with your best friend via FaceTime while sitting on another corner of the earth. Also, it would be fun to watch your favorite TV shows with your partner via FaceTime screen share play in iOS 15.1 running iPhone. This feature also works great for gamers to share their gameplay with Friends via SharePlay on FaceTime. So without further ado, let’s find out how to share the FaceTime screen.
How To Share Screen With SharePlay in iOS 15.1 on iPhone
Note: Make sure that both iPhones are running iOS 15.1. Some apps are not working with this feature as Apple is still working to integrate API.
- Open the FaceTime app on your iPhone.
- Start the FaceTime call with the person you want to share the screen with.
- Once the FaceTime call starts, new SharePlay button at the top right corner below the End button; this button also looks like a PIP mode icon. You can see the image below.
- Once you tap on the Screen Share button, the other person will be able to see your iPhone screen instead of you.
- When you play the video while screen share, the audio of the click will duck when you talk.
- You can tap the same option at the top to off the screen share.
This is how you can start screen sharing your iPhone with the help of FaceTime’s SharePlay feature on iOS 15.1 Update. This feature was much needed last year when everyone was locked. Apple also announced a set of launch partners for SharePlay, including Disney+, Hulu, HBO Max, NBA, Twitch, TikTok, MasterClass, ESPN+, Paramount+ and Pluto TV. The company will also reveal the API for developers to integrate this feature on their own app.
Have you tried this SharePlay on FaceTime? Please share your feedback in the comment box.