You will be able to recover all the lost or deleted data on your iPhone device, whether it is contacts, videos, images, notes, audio recording etc. but in order to do so you need to reset your iPhone. It is actually very simple and can be restored very easily if you have previously got a backup of your data. There are many methods through which you can restore your backup on your iPhone. Below are listed two official ways to do from, either from iTunes or through Settings app.
How to restore iPhone from backup?
For this method to work you will need a computer/ laptop/ Mac and a USB cable. Through iTunes software backup storage is possible. Make sure that you have installed latest version of iTunes software.
- First you need to connect your iPhone to c computer using USB cable.
- Open iTunes software on your computer. If you don’t have iTunes then you need to install it.
- On iTunes app screen you will see an icon resembling like a phone. Click on that icon.
- Make sure that Find my iPhone is disabled on your iPhone.
- Locate Restore iPhone button on the screen and click on it.
- A pop up will be seen on screen asking you to confirm whether you want to restore iPhone or not.
- Click on Restore option to confirm.
- When Term and Conditions window opens click on Next and Agree.
- Wait for the reset to complete.
- A window will open after the reset asking you to to either set up as new iPhone or restore from backup.
- Click on Restore from this Backup option, and from the drop- down menu select the most recent backup.
- Press Continue to move forward with the process.
- By clicking on continue iTunes will start the process of transfer data on your iPhone.
- Your iPhone will now restart.
- Enter your Apple id and Password.
- And that it. Its done. This process will restore your iPhone’s setting and data.
Using iPhone’s settings:
You can get a backup of your data from the settings app by just resetting you iPhone to factory data reset. It is very simple method and will only take a few minutes to do so.
- Go to settings app on your iPhone.
- Go to General.
- Click on Reset option.
- Choose the option Erase All Content and Settings.
- Unlock your iPhone by entering your passcode.
- Click on Erase iPhone.
- Your iPhone will now restart. Follow the steps accordingly.
- When asked click on Restore from iCloud Backup.
- Enter your Apple ID and Password to sign in.
- Click on Next.
- Agree to all the terms and conditions.
- Choose which backup you want to restore.
- After following these steps your iPhone will now restore the backup from iCloud.
So, this is it! Follow the steps as given above and your backup will be restored without anyhassle. You can choose any methods as per your convenience. This method will only work when your have created a backup of your data previously. If you are finding any difficulty in restoring your backup or there is come kind of error, you need to immediately contact Apple Support Care, otherwise there are chance to loose all your data with just 1 wrong move.
Until next time, with another topic. Till then, Toodles.