Hola folks! Have you ever wondered what if your iPhone is unlocked and someone randomly opens your apps to have a quick look? How to prevent others from accessing your apps? There is a solution to this. Today I am going to show you how to lock apps in your iPhone.
Is it possible, given that Apple doesn’t have an official feature for locking apps? Yes, you are correct; Apple does not have such a function. However, there are a few methods. Have you ever heard of the term “screen time” or Content Privacy Restriction? You can utilise Apple’s app restriction feature to make one of your applications unavailable if you truly want to.
How To Lock An App On iPhone?
METHOD 1: LOCK FIRST PARTY APPS ON IPHONE.
This method will hide your apps from home screen.
- Go to Settings > Screen Time > Content Privacy Restrictions > Allowed Apps
- Turn off an app’s switch to hide it.
- (On iOS11 or earlier) Go to settings > general restrictions > enable restrictions.
- In the allowed section, turn off apps to lock them.
METHOD 2: LOCK APPS USING SCREEN TIME LIMIT
This method will set a passcode on your apps.
- Go to Settings > Screen Time Tab > Use screen time passcode. Add your passcode
- Go to App Limit
- Click on App limit option.
- You will see a list on your screen. Tap on the options that you want to select. E.g., Social. In that select the apps you want to restrict.
- Click on Next
- Choose a time limit for the use of the app. E.g., 1 min. (you can customise time and day as per your choice)
- Click on add button.
After usage of 1 min (or the time you have selected) your app will get locked.
- To access the app, click on “Ask for more time” > Enter Screen Time Passcode.
Did you try this yet? And also, what other things you would like to learn on your iPhone. Let me know in the comment section down below.
Until next time, with another topic. Till then, Toodles.