Whether it’s winter or summer, I often check the weather app on my iPhone to check when it is raining or if there is any chance of snowfall before heading towards my office. Thanks to the new iOS 15 update, I can get weather alerts on my iPhone.
Apple revamped and improved the design overhaul of the Weather app to give the actual feel of current weather in the area. The tech giant also acquired Dark Sky a couple of years ago to add the same feature to Apple’s Weather app. After updating my iPhone to iOS 15, I enabled Weather alerts on iPhone to receive every notification about the weather condition in my area. Let’s check out the steps to turn on weather alerts on iOS 15.
How To Get Weather Alerts On iPhone
Note: Make sure that your iPhone is updated to the latest version of iOS 15.
Before heading into the process of enabling weather notification alerts on iPhone, you need to allow location access for the weather app.
- Open the Settings app on your iPhone.
- Scroll down and tap on Privacy.
- Next, tap on Location Services.
- Select Weather and tap on “Always” under the Allow Notification Access.
Once you have given the location access to the weather app from the Location Service, you can go head to turn on notification alerts for a weather app.
- Open the Weather App on your iPhone.
- Tap on the Hamburger icon in the bottom right corner.
- Next, tap on the three dots at the top right corner.
- Select Notification.
- Now tap on the “Turn Notification On” option.
- And then, turn the toggle on next to “Allow Notification.”
- Go back to the Weather app, turn the toggle on next to “My Location,” and tap Done.
After following the above steps, you will get every weather notification from the weather app on your iPhone. If you get annoyed with weather alerts in the future, you can follow the below steps to disable weather notifications on an iOS device.