At the Worldwide Developers Conference 2022, Apple unveiled watchOS 9. It offers new features such as redesigned watch faces, fitness tracking features, Siri UI, introduced heart rate zones, new Workrout app and more fruitful features.
Along with all these, several minor but useful functionalities are introduced in the new operating system update for the Apple Watch. However, all of these features will be available to use for all Apple users later this year when the final official WatchOS 9 is released. The final release date of WatchOS 9 is expected in the second or third week of October.
Nevertheless, Apple allows users and developers to explore the new features encompassed in WatchOS 9 with its beta. You can download and install the watchOS 9 developer beta on your Apple Watch easily.
Here’s how you can get the watchOS 9 beta on your watch:
- You must have an Apple Watch Series 4 or later.
- The watch must have at least 50% battery power or be connected to the charger.
- Your Apple Watch must be paired with an iPhone 7 or later models running on the iOS 16 developer beta.
- Make sure both of your devices are connected to a stable internet connection.
- You will need to have an Apple Developer Account.
How to Install the watchOS 9 Beta Profile on an Apple Watch
In order to install the watchOS 9 developer beta, you must download the watchOS developer beta profile on the paired iPhone. Here’s how to do it:
- Open the Safari browser on the paired iPhone and visit developer.apple.com.
- You will see “Discover” and then select “watchOS.”
- Tap on “Download” and you will be navigated to the login page if you are not logged in. You will have to sign in with your Apple developer account credentials.
- Now find “watchOS beta” and tap on “Install Profile.”
- You might see a popup on the screen to install a profile. You have to tap on “Allow.“
- Hit the “Install” option to begin the download. If it asks for a passcode, enter it.
- Again, tap “Install” to confirm.
- Once the process is completed, you have to tap on the “Restart” option and your Apple Watch will reboot.
Install watchOS 9 Developer Beta on Apple Watch
Once the profile is installed, your Apple Watch paired with your iPhone will look for the latest watchOS 9 developer beta updates. When it detects the watchOS 9 update, you need to follow the steps given below:
- Launch the Watch app on your iPhone and make sure both devices are connected to Wi-Fi.
- Within the app, select “General” in the “MyWatch” tab.
- Select “SoftwareUpdate.”
- Now tap “DownloadandInstall” as shown in blue. Enter your iPhone Passcode if it asks.
- When you see the terms and conditions, tap “Agree.”
- Now check if your Apple Watch has over 50% power and it is connected to the charger.
- Once it is done, select “Install” on your Apple Watch or iPhone and begin the installation.
When the installation is finished, your Apple Watch will automatically restart in order to apply the new changes. The status of the task will be displayed on the screen of your Apple Watch.
The process is very simple and easy to follow. If you face any trouble, you should reboot your watch and pair it with your iPhone again.