Apple announced the biggest watchOS 7 update at the WWDC online event on 22 June. At the Developer event, Apple has provided the watchOS 7 beta 1 for those who have a developer account profile, which costs $99. But if you don’t have the developer account, you can still install watchOS 7 on your Apple Watch Series right now.
Whether you want to test the new Sleep app, Face Sharing, or Fitness function, you can simply download watchOS 7 on your Apple Watch. Without wasting much time, let’s get on the guide! Before you begin, make sure that you have the Apple watch series supports watchOS 7.
- Apple Watch Series 3
- Apple Watch Series 4
- Apple Watch Series 5
- Once you have upgraded to the latest watchOS 7 with this guide, you can downgrade to watchOS 6.
- Make sure that your Apple Watch connected device is also running the latest iOS 14.
- Ensure that your Apple Watch is charged at least 50% to complete the entire installation process.
- Make sure that you have stable internet connection.
How to Download and Install watchOS 7 without Developer Account
First of all, you need to download the watchOS 7 beta certificate to ahead. For that, you will need to go through the below steps.
- On the paired iPhone, Open Safari and visit BetaProfiles.com.
- Next, tap on Download under watchOS 7 section.
- And then, tap on Download Anyways! Tap Allow when asked.
- Next, tap on Install at the top right and enter your iPhone Passcode.
- Now, tap on Install from the top right corner and tap on Install again at the bottom to confirm.
- Tap on Restart in the popup to reboot your Apple Watch.
- Once the process is completed, tap on Done. And then you can update its regular way.
- First of open the Watch app on your iPhone and tap on My Watch tab.
- Next, tap on the General → Software Update.
- Here, you can see watchOS 7 beta. Tap on Download and go to Install → Enter iPhone passcode → On Terms & Conditions screen, tap on Agree (if you do).
- Now, the process will start.
After that, you have to wait for a while until it is completed successfully. Once the update is downloaded and prepared, tap on Install to get watchOS 7.
Also, you can update your Apple Watch via the Settings app. To do that, you will have to go to the Settings app on the Watch, tap on General → Software Update → Install. Next, agree to the Terms & Conditions inside the Watch app on iPhone. And finally, on Apple Watch, tap on Download & Install.
Once you go through all these steps, your beloved Apple Watch will be ready with the new watchOS 7, and you can enjoy all-new features of watchOS from your smartwatch. After testing some new functions of watchOS 7, do not forget to share your experience in the comment box.