Have you ever wondered about that unique number printed on your Apple device? What does this signify? Is it about your phone’s age? How valuable it is to check or keep a track of? Well, if all these questions bother you much, you have landed on the rightmost page to eradicate all your dilemma.
The serial number of a device indicates plenty of information in the coding format. While this unique number seems unimportant to the new user, it holds great significance especially when you buy a second-hand iPhone or sell your device.
Thinking about how to check Apple serial number lookup? Here’s the comprehensive guide to the detailed description of the serial number, along with the step-by-step procedure to check the same. Without a further delay, let’s the tour begins.
What is Apple Serial Number look like?
Apple serial numbers are nothing more than a simple series of numbers and letters. It exposes a wealth of essential information about your gadget that you couldn’t get any other way. The date and location of manufacturing get indicated by the serial number.
It might be beneficial if you need to get extra parts or locate the manufacturer of your item. After 2010, Apple began using a 12-character alphanumeric serial number. To put it another way:
- The serial number, of course, looks different, but they chose these letters on purpose.
- The production location gets represented by the first three numbers.
- The year and week of manufacturing are indicated by another two numbers.
- Unique identification is represented by the following three numbers.
- The model number is represented by the last four numbers.
The alphanumeric code represents the production site. Although obtaining an all-list of factories is complex, the majority of their locations are known. Typically, factories in China label the devices with both letters and digits while Asian, American, and European countries use alphabetical codes, which are generally placed after the location’s first letters.
Wondering about what RM stands for? Well, it indicates Remanufactured or refurbished and is generally written on the devices that are remanufactured.
What information does Apple Serial Number offer?
It offers the following details:
- Place of manufacturing
- Age of the iPhone or other Apple-based device
- Storage capacity
- Time of manufacture
- Model and color of the Apple product
Where to Check Apple Serial Number?
Please keep in mind that the serial number positioning on the item varies depending on the manufacturer. So you can examine the following locations:
- The surface of your device
- If you connect your device to iTunes, you should be able to find the serial number there.
When Using a Mac:
- You can select it from the Apple menu
- Choose this Mac.
- Your serial number may get found here.
Follow these instructions if you’re using an iPhone, iPad, iPod touch, iPod, or Apple Watch:
- Navigate to the Options menu.
- Locate and choose General.
- Choose the About icon.
- You performed an outstanding job! Everything you require is right here!
Thanks for reading!! We hope our guide has helped you understand the serial number in a bit detail. Before purchasing an Apple iPhone, it is necessary to check the serial number. All you have to do is just ask the seller to pass you the Apple device’s serial number while buying the phone.
Model number, time of manufacturing, Production Date, Unique Number, color, and warranty status will be provided by the Apple iPhone Serial Number Service automatically.