IOS 16.3 was released today, and the whole internet has become a surface of searching for all the new features and bug fixes that came along with iOS 16.3. alongside emergency SOS, advanced data security, physical key for Apple ID, we also got some new features for the home pod. Let us dig deep and know what is homepod OS 16.3 and what are the new features and changes that came with homepod OS 16.3.
What’s new with homepod OS 16.3?
HomePod software version 16.3 supports new features for your HomePod. This update also includes bug fixes and stability improvements. Support for temperature and humidity sensors on HomePod mini and HomePod 2 is the largest new feature in HomePod OS 16.3 software. The HomePod mini contains a hidden temperature and humidity sensor, which Apple is now enabling. This enables the temperature and humidity settings that can be utilized for home automation purposes and activating gadgets in accordance with the set scenarios.
Another improvement is the addition of ambient sounds to scenes, automation, and alarms in the Home app. Recurring automation can be set up using Siri commands. Ambient sounds have also been updated to be more immersive. When smart home requests are made for items that are in another room or have undergone no obvious change, Apple has now included a distinctive confirmation tone that will play. You may ask Siri to locate your friends and family with the Find My for HomePod integration.
How to download Homepod OD 16.3 update?
On your iPhone, iPad, and Mac, the basic Home app from Apple manages HomePod software upgrades. If your iOS, iPadOS, or macOS device is not signed in with the Apple ID that you used to set up the speaker, you cannot install new software on your HomePod.
Ensure that your HomePod is powered on. A white light with a spinning pattern displays on top of your HomePod while it is being updated.
- Launch the Home app on your iPhone.
- Tap the More button after going to the Home app.
- Choosing Home Settings.
- From here select Software Update.
- Checking for HomePod upgrades will begin on your iPhone or iPad.
- You will be shown any accessible updates. To download and installOS 16.3, tap Update.
- Tap your HomePod to launch the Home app.
- After the Now Playing page, scroll down a little farther and click on the Settings icon in the bottom right.
- This area could show a software update if one is available.
- To download and installOS 16.3, tap Update.
Until next time, with another topic. Till then, Toodles.