If you are an intensive gamer, Retroarch is an emulator that you can install on your iOS device and enjoy the retro games that have graced the lives of people ever since its inception.
Since iOS devices are very restrictive with what kinds of apps or games are allowed on them, it isn’t surprising that Retroarch and similar emulators are quite popular online.
However, downloading and installing a retroarch emulator can be a challenge. However, we have managed to sort out the steps you need to follow to install Retroarch on your iOS device without any jailbreak.
Steps to Install Retroarch on iOS
The installation method of Retroarch as mentioned in the steps below works for all the latest iOS devices. You don’t have to worry about jailbreaking the iPhone and affecting its warranty.
From the latest iPhone 14 to iPhone XR, these steps are operational across all devices without any hassle at all.
Follow each step as mentioned:
- Install iTunes on your Mac or PC
- Under that, you need to register on Apple’s Free Developer Account
- From there, generate an app-specific password
- Once done, install AltStore on your PC
- Connect your iPhone to the PC via a USB cable
- Simultaneously, install AltStore on your iPhone as well
- From there, you can search for Retroarch and then install it on your iPhone
Following the successful installation, you can go ahead and launch Retroarch as normal on your iPhone and use it as an emulator to play the games you wish.
And, that’s all you need to do to download and install Retroarch on your iOS device. Ensure that you complete each step in the installation process to avoid any complications. Also, while you are at it, only install AltStore from the official platform instead of the fabricated ones.