Apple announced its new macOS 13 Ventura at the WWDC 2022. The latest mac operating system is packed with tons of new features, including better gaming capabilities and productivity tools. It will be released on Mac everywhere later this year.
Now that macOS 13 Ventura is unveiled, folks will want to get their hands on the new operating system. While the public beta version will be released after a few weeks, the developer beta version is already out.
To get the macOS 13 Ventura developer beta, you must have an Apple account and an Apple device that is compatible with the new operating system. You must also have your account security settings enabled.
Due to these requirements, the developer beta version is not suitable for everyone. The public beta version will be launched in the coming few weeks, followed by the full version later this fall.
It is not recommended to install the macOS 13 developer beta on your Mac computers. This is because it is likely to have a lot of issues and bugs.
However, if you are desperate to try the macOS 13 now, then downloading the developer beta version is the only option you have. If you are cool with all the requirements, then we are ready to guide you with the steps.
Installing macOS 13 Ventura Developer Beta
After downloading macOS 13 you might encounter bugs and other issues as this is not the full version. It is recommended you create a backup of all your files and data, in case anything goes wrong. After creating a backup, follow these steps to download the developer beta.
- Open the Apple Developer Page.
- Go to Discover and select macOS 13.
- Hit the Download button on the top-right.
- You will be asked to sign in to your Apple developer account. In case you don’t have an account, you will need to create a new one.
- After logging in, access the download page and proceed to download the macOS developer beta access utility to your Mac device.
- Locate the macOSDeveloperBetaAccessUtility.pkg in the Downloads folder and run the installer.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the process.
- Click to download the macOS 13 beta from the App Store. Or go to Apple Menu, then to System Preferences, and then to Software Update. If there’s no update available, reboot your Mac device and check again. It takes some time for the update to appear.
- Download the update and once it is done, complete the installation process.
- Follow the instructions shown on the screen. Your device will reboot automatically and let you know when the update is applied.
After successfully downloading the macOS 13 Beta on your Mac you can get an idea of what the new Mac OS looks and feels like.