With the launch of the new iOS 16, many Apple users are now inquisitive about one thing, “Is it possible to jailbreak iOS 16?”
While Apple is continually working on improving its security features, there is some leeway in the process too. Out of all the jailbreaking issues, Checkra1n is one of the new jailbreak tools for iOS 16. It has been developed using the unmatchable checkm8 bootrom exploit, which is extremely difficult (and often impossible) to patch via a software update.
Although there has been a lot of buzz surrounding the Checkra1n being a viable jailbreak tool for iOS 16, it isn’t available for iOS 16 yet. The latest jailbreak using this tool is for iOS 14.8.1.
How to use the Checkra1n for iOS 16?
Since Checkra1n is still not available for iOS 16 yet, most users are now looking for the virtual method, otherwise known as the alternative method.
Virtual Checkra1n Jailbreak
This is one of the newly developed online techniques for installing the virtual process of the Checkra1n jailbreak method and the process is fairly simple. You don’t need PC support for it, which is always beneficial.
Here’s what you have to do for the installation process:
- Download the official virtual Checkra1n for iOS 16
- We’d recommend you install the English version and complete the installation process
- Once the installation is done, tap on Allow and download the profile to your iPhone settings
- Following that, go to the Settings menu and tap on Profile
- Tap on Install and go to “Enter device passcode”
- From there, tap on Install and Done from the menu
- This will finalize the installation of the Checkra1n and it will appear on your iPhone home screen
- Open the app from there and then wait for the loader page to appear
- Tap on Cydia 2 icon and that’s all there is to the Checkra1n jailbreak process
What are the Updates about Upcoming Jailbreak tools for iOS 16?
Despite being such a popular jailbreak tool, Checkra1n is still not available for iOS 16 directly. Since Apple is consistently upgrading its signed system volume (SSV) security mechanism, it isn’t surprising that the available jailbreak tools aren’t functional in the newer software versions.
About the upcoming updates for the varying jailbreak tools for iOS 16, we’d have to say that currently there are no reports about the same. Whether or not Checkra1n is available for iOS 16 is something we’d have to wait for in the future.