You are watching TV and suddenly you realize that your Apple TV remote has stopped controlling the volume. It gets quite frustrating when all of a sudden Apple tv remote stops working and you are just sitting there trying different things just to make it work again. There can be many justifying reasons as to why the Apple tv remote volume is not working. Luckily, there are some fixes that you can try to make it work again like normal. Let me walk you through the fixes and solutions to bring the Apple tv remote back to normal and working.
Why is my Apple tv remote volume not working?
This issue seems to occur to many users. When the volume button does not work it doesn’t always mean that the remote is damaged. It is possible that sometimes a bug causes all the issues. When a bug pops up there are chances that the Apple tv remote could stop working. If there are bug issues then you may try the fixes to get your Apple tv remote volume button working properly.
Apple tv remote volume not working: Fixes
- Before trying any fixes first you need to ensure that the batteries in your remote are in excellent working order. Change the batteries if you feel like they have been here long enough. If they need to be changed, that may be all that is required to restore your volume control.
- If replacing the batteries doesn’t work, try restarting your Apple TV by disconnecting it from the power socket for 30 seconds and then plugging it back in.
- You might want to consider the option that there might be a problem with the hardware of the Apple tv remote.
- Some tv may also require a manual setup of the volume control so you might want to look into that.
If you have tries these things and still volume is not working then you may proceed for the following fixes.
- Press and hold the tv button and volume down button for about 5 to 6 seconds.
- The status light on your Apple TV will blink on and off.
- Wait 10 seconds after releasing the buttons when the status lights start blinking.
- The remote will restart once you receive a Connection Lost message in the corner of the TV screen.
- Then your remote will immediately reconnect, and you may resume regular use.
If this doesn’t work, try plugging in your Siri Remote via the bottom connector for at least two hours to charge. If your remote continues to malfunction, it may be time to replace it. You have the option of ordering straight from Apple or through a third party.
Resetting your Apple tv remote
If your remote isn’t working properly, try resetting it.
- Turn off your Apple TV by pressing the Home button on the remote until the menu displays.
- Then go to Settings.
- Click on the General tab.
- Tap on Reset and choose Reset Remote.
- This will erase all of the data on your remote, requiring you to fix it using your Apple TV. If this does not resolve the issue, you may need to purchase a new remote.
Until next time, with another topic. Till then, Toodles.