If you’re a fan of classical music, you’ll be delighted to know that Apple has recently launched a new app that will change how you experience classical music. Apple Music Classical is a dedicated streaming service offering an extensive library of over five million classical tracks, hundreds of expertly curated playlists, and exclusive albums you won’t find anywhere else. In this article, I will be talking about Apple Music Classical and everything you need to know about it. let’s get into it then, shall we?
What is Apple Music Classical?
Apple Music Classical is a standalone app that works in conjunction with the existing Apple Music app, providing a more focused and dedicated experience for classical music lovers. The app is based on Primephonic, a classical music streaming service that Apple acquired in 2021. Apple has integrated Primephonic’s playlists, audio content, search capabilities, and metadata into the new app, providing users with a seamless and intuitive classical music experience.
Features of Apple Music Classical
Apple Music Classical offers many exciting features that will enhance your listening experience. Here are some of the key features of the app:
- Dedicated classical music library: Apple Music Classical contains over five million classical tracks, ranging from wellknown masterpieces to obscure gems you might not have discovered yet.
- Curated playlists: The app features hundreds of expertly curated playlists that cater to different moods, genres, and occasions. You can also create your own playlists and share them with your friends.
- Exclusive albums: Apple has been working with classical music artists and institutions to offer exclusive content and recordings, including Hi-Res Lossless and Spatial Audio tracks. You won’t find these recordings anywhere else.
- Rich composer bios and editorial notes: The app provides detailed information about composers, conductors, performers, and key works, along with editorial notes that contextualize the music.
- Customized artwork: Apple has commissioned unique artwork of famous classical artists, using color palettes and artistic references from the relevant classical period. The first portraits include Ludwig van Beethoven, Frédéric Chopin, and Johann Sebastian Bach, with more to come in the future.
- Improved search experience: The app features a more capable search experience, allowing users to search by composer, work, conductor, catalog number, and more.
- Simplified user interface: The app’s design is based on Apple Music but with a simplified UI that heavily uses Apple’s New York font instead of SF Pro.
- Largest classical music collection in the world: Apple Music Classical has more than 5 million recordings, ranging from recent releases to renowned masterpieces.
- The maximum resolution of audio quality that Apple Music supports is 24-bit/192 kHz, and the app will support lossless streaming up to that level.
- Several tracks will support spatial audio, giving listeners a fully immersive auditory experience.
- Apple Music Classical will feature crafted playlists and unique classic music releases.
- The Apple Music Classical app does not include a radio option, and it is unclear if it will support Apple Music’s classical radio stations at this time.
- Apple Music Classical is an iPhone only app because there isn’t an iPad version of the program. But according to Apple, there will be an Android version “soon” because it is currently being developed.
- Free for Apple Music and Apple One subscribers: While Apple Music Classical is not a part of the $4.99/month Apple Music Voice plan, it is available for free as part of an active Apple Music or Apple One membership.
Will Apple Music Classical be accessible to Android users?
Indeed, an Android app for Apple Music Classical is in the works and should be available shortly.
Is there an additional fee to access Apple Music Classical?
You may get Apple Music Classical for free if you currently have a paid Apple Music subscription. Plans for individuals, families, and students are covered; the Apple Music Voice Plan is not.
Will Apple Music Classical let me listen to lossless audio?
Indeed, Apple Music Classical will provide lossless streaming at a maximum resolution of 24-bit/192 kHz, the greatest audio quality that Apple Music delivers.
Can I get a free trial of Apple Music Classics?
Yes, there is a current one-month free trial available to new Apple Music members. Though Apple Music Classical is not the only genre included in this free trial.
When will Apple Music Classical be available to download?
Apple Music Classical is set to launch on March 28th. You can pre-order the app now via the App Store.
How to download Apple Music Classical?
To download Apple Music Classical you need to pre-order it via the App Store. Once the app is available, it will automatically download to your iPhone, and you will be notified that it’s ready to use.
With its vast library of classical tracks, expertly curated playlists, exclusive albums, and rich information about composers and works, the app is sure to delight classical music lovers of all ages and tastes.So why not pre-order it today and get ready to embark on a musical journey that will take you to new heights of musical appreciation?
Until next time, with another topic. Till then, Toodles.