IOS 16 has brought some of the most amazing lock screen customization features, and people are loving it. with this feature, Apple has set its standards pretty high. One of the most loved features apart from multiple wallpaper sets, widgets, and notifications is Depth Effect. You must note that not every wallpaper will work with Depth Effect. You must have a photo with easily distinguished objects in focus. It is not limited to a person or a thing, but it should be focused on objects. You may even find some of the most amazing quality photos online for Depth Effect. One more important thing to note here is that Dept Effect will only work if there are no widgets in the background. Top widgets will remain, just the bottom widgets have to go. If you try and add a widget at the bottom of the clock then Depth Effect will automatically be disabled.
What is Depth Effect on iOS 16?
For those who are not familiar with the depth effect, it enables you to take photos with a sharp focus on the subject and a blurred background. When you enable the depth effect on an iPhone Lock Screen wallpaper, the subject in the image appears above the time. When it is turned off, the subject falls below the time.In terms of functionality, the depth effect wallpaper is heavily inspired by Apple Watch’s portrait mode watch face, which also emphasizes the subject.
How to activate depth effect iOS 16?
It is not a complicated task to activate the depth effect on your iPhone. There are just a few simple steps that you need to follow.
- Unlock your iPhone using a touch id or face id.
- Long press the lock screen.
- Click on the plus icon in the bottom right corner of your screen.
- You may click on the photos option to choose from the photo library or go to the suggestions section to choose the photos of your desire.
- Click on the photo you want.
- At the bottom right corner, you will be able to see 3 dotted icons. Click on it.
- Here you will have some options. Select the Depth Effect option.
- To apply the changes, click on Add button at the top right corner of your screen.
- Tap on the set as wallpaper pair option.
If the case depth effect is not activated then, make certain to note that the wallpaper has distinct foreground and background elements, and check that no widgets have been added to the lock screen in the space available under the lock screen clock.
That’s it, folks! This is how you activate the Depth Effect on your iPhone. Let us know in the comment box below what you think about this amazing feature, and whether will you be using it anytime soon.
Until next time, with another topic. Till then, Toodles.